Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Keep Your Kids Clean

So while at Walmart the other day, yes I am there all the time getting things for school and whatnot, I was in the soap aisle getting some hand sanitizer for my classroom.  I let the kids use it, it doesn't bother me, because frankly I'd rather spend money on that than have them sneezing in my face and getting me sick.  I had seen something on Pinterest, where I get some great ideas because I'm not very creative, and I thought it was super cute.

Instead of buying one huge bottle of hand sanitizer, I bought two small ones.  I already had some very brightly colored paper in my room so all I had to do was cut a piece to size, labeled it the appropriate gender, and taped it down to the front of the bottle.

The idea here is that if a girl needs to go to the bathroom, she will take the pink bottle of hand sanitizer, put it on her desk, go to the bathroom, come back, squirt some hand sanitizer (because how many kids actually wash their hands??), then put it back by the door.

It makes it really nice because sometimes things get crazy in the room, especially when we're doing projects and people are all over the room, if I see the bottle on someone's desk, I know, "Oh, Susie is in the bathroom, that's right."

Again with 9th graders, I thought they'd think it was kind of babyish, but they LOVED it.  I mean what kid doesn't like to use Germ-X anyways??

No comments:

Post a Comment